PROGRESS REPORT

Month #11 - AS OF September 28th, 2008

Prints Sold: 1905

Total Raised: $2680

Total Participants: 108

Farthest Degree of Separation: 3

Top Selling Print: #13 - View From The Pit, 47 sold

Farthest Distance: Sedgwick, Maine

Note: These figures are based on 4x6 prints purchased, and do not reflect responses by email alone.


THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU!!!

To all of you who have participated so far...thank you so much!  I have been surprised, touched, moved to tears, and even laughed out loud by both your emails and letters accompanying your orders! The stories of how we are connected and how each of you learned about the project are very important to me, so keep sending them!  I look forward to updating you as this journey unfolds. From the bottom of my heart....THANK YOU!   ---Melanie bess

YOUR RESPONSES and WORDS FROM ME... BELOW

March 16, 2008

North Idaho College

I couldn't believe it when I got a call from Phil Corlis, the photography instructor from North Idaho College, asking me if I would come speak to his class.  Me?  Really, me?  This project has opened and continues to open many fun and interesting doors, and having this very unexpected opportunity to share my project with some fellow photographers was a true honor.  Thanks to each one of them for their attention and encouragement!  Big thanks to Phil for his instant friendship, his honest and sincere belief in me and my work, and for this unique opportunity!  I was so touched when he asked me to bring my prints so that at the end of the class each student could pick one out, ON HIM!  What an inspiration in kindness and generosity!  Here are the heartfelt words Phil emailed me about our connection....

I am always impressed with the power of dreams. Without them we are nothing. With them anything is possible. I discovered your dream in the local newspaper sitting at the breakfast table one morning.

Next -it was a visit to your blog.  As a photographer, teacher, and yes a dreamer I was immediately drawn to the simple elegance of your work and your idea. After reading the story of each image I had a plan. I hoped you would share your dream with my college photography students.

I was sure it could motivate and inspire them. A few phone calls later and we were sitting and chatting in my office and shortly after that - there you were in my classroom spinning out your compelling tale. It was magical.

I don't know what was better - the stories, the "shopping spree" at the end of class with each student picking a photo as their own, or the look on their faces as they thanked you on their way out the door.

For me it was the stories, the photos that are now framed and sitting beside me at home, the inspiration, and a new friend made.

So there's just one thing left and that's to say thanks for the power of your dream.

Phil Corlis
Dreamer, Photographer, Teacher

No comments: